Caring for your new lash style is very important as it helps increase the success of keeping your gorgeous lash style looking fab! Following the aftercare instructions below will help to keep you looking as beautiful as ever! Your lash stylist will discuss in detail your aftercare regime. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want about caring for your new lashes. We’re always here to help!
EYELASH EXTENSION AFTER CARE ADVICE AND INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for choosing Wiinks Lash Suites, LLC for your eyelash extensions. Please follow the guidelines below to ensure your lashes stay beautiful and last as long as possible.
- For the first 24 hours avoid getting the lashes wet. This will allow the glue to dry and cure.
- Do not use a steam room/sauna for 48 hours to allow glue to cure.
- Be gentle and respect your new lashes. Avoid rubbing your eyes and do not pick and play with your lashes.
- Do not rub your eyes or lashes when washing your face. Clean around the eyes with a wash cloth.
- Resist the temptation to touch or pull at your stunning new lashes as this will pull out your own natural lashes.
- Avoid getting them caught on clothes and towels.
- When drying your face do not rub instead blot your face and apply a gently pressure to your closed eyes then allow the extensions to dry naturally. Don’t try to dry them with the towel. You may use a hair dryer but only on the cool setting with gentle air flow blowing upwards.
- Do not perm or curl the extensions using clamp eyelash curlers.
- Do not cut the extensions as you may cut your own lashes.
- Avoid wearing mascara as this will lessen the life of your extensions but for occasional use, if necessary, use oil free/water based mascara
- Do not use eye make-up remover that contains any type of oil products such as petroleum. Instead, use an oil-free make remover.
- The golden rule for wearing eyelash extensions is the less you touch them the longer they will last. However, it is important to keep the eye area clean. Do keep the eye area clean. This is very important!!!
- Some women love their lashes so much they don’t want to get them wet at all. This is a mistake because avoiding proper hygiene can result in an eye infection whether wearing eyelash extensions or not. Your extensions can become a breeding ground for bacteria growth. So wash those lashes gently with an oil-free cleanser! Avoid your eyelash extensions when removing eye makeup but make sure to clean your lid thoroughly by using a saturated (but not dripping) Q-tip with a liquid eye makeup remover. Gently sweep your lash line to remove all makeup. Leftover makeup may result in premature loss of your extensions. So keep your lids and extensions clean!
- Try to sleep on your back to avoid crushing your extensions in the pillow.
- When washing your hair in the shower, AVOID getting conditioner on your lashes. This is a guaranteed way to prematurely shed your lashes.
- Never attempt to remove lashes by pulling them out. Always return to Wiinks for correct and safe removal to avoid damage to your natural lashes! WE WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT YOU MAY CAUSE BY TRYING TO REMOVE THE EYELASH EXTENSIONS ON YOU OWN.
Remember to make an appointment in plenty of time for a fill-in to keep your lashes in optimum condition and your lash style current. This should be done every 2-3 weeks!